Aleratec's Charge and Guard Secure Charge/Sync Cabinet 16 charges, syncs and protects up to 16 tablets inside a lockable, all-metal, heavy-duty cabinet. This tablet cabinet is designed for environments where security is a key concern, for instance in schools, universities, training facilities, conference rooms or any location where iPads or other tablets could be vulnerable to theft. In addition to the all-metal construction, a welded anchor loop allows users to chain the cabinet to a secure structure so the cabinet itself can't be removed. The Charge and Guard Secure Charge/Sync Cabinet 16 is an essential tool for efficient tablet deployment; plus, added security features give teachers, managers or administrators peace of mind, with less worry that valuable property will be stolen or accessed by unauthorized persons.
- Charges and syncs up to 16 tablets simultaneously
- Active Smart Charge technology supports iOS, Android and most other tablets
- Provides up to a full 2.4 amps per port for quick charging of all 16 devices
- Built-in USB ports for charging and syncing (cables not included)
- Heavy-duty, all metal construction protects tablets from theft or unauthorized use
- Welded anchor loop lets you chain the cabinet to a secure structure
- Front status panel shows charge or sync status on each attached device
- 300 Watts of power
- Internal cooling fan
How does the Charge and Guard Secure Charge/Sync Cabinet 16 work?
Inside the cabinet are 16 USB ports that support smart charging of iOS, Android and most other mobile devices. Once the cabinet is set up with the charging cables that came with your tablets, users simply load the tablets into the compartments, plug them into the cables and turn the unit on. Aleratec's Charge and Guard Secure Charge/Sync Cabinet 16 supplies up to a full 2.4 amps per port for rapid charging times and includes front-panel status LED indicator lights that show the charge and sync status of each attached tablet within the cabinet.
What devices can be used with the Charge and Guard Cabinet?
The Charge and Guard Secure Charge/Sync Cabinet 16 supports almost all tablets and other USB-charged devices. Active Smart Charge technology allows smart charging of devices based on iOS, Android and most other platforms. Most devices require chargers to follow a certain specification in order to charge optimally based on the device’s programming. The problem with this is that different brands use different specifications for charging. Aleratec's Active Smart Charge technology detects the type of device that is connected and provides the right specification intelligently!
Will it fit large tablets with cases?
Yes, the Charge and Guard Secure Charge/Sync Cabinet has 16 compartments and each compartment measures 13" x 10.5" x .9". This leaves ample space for larger tablets and cases. In addition, the dividers are removable so you can customize the size of each compartment.
How is syncing performed?
The Charge and Guard Secure Charge/Sync Cabinet 16 includes an external USB port. Users can place a laptop or tablet on the cabinet's flat top surface and plug the device into the USB port for synchronizing up to 16 devices simultaneously.
Choosing the right tablet cabinet
The use of iPads and Android tablets in schools, retail stores, restaurants, hospitals and other sectors is increasing at a rapid pace. When choosing a tablet cabinet for your organization, make sure the cabinet includes these key features:
- Security should be a top priority. Tablets are a significant investment and a tempting target for thieves. Locking tablets in a separate room or cage leaves these devices vulnerable to theft or unauthorized use. Tablets should be stored in an all metal, lockable tablet cabinet that can be chained to a secure structure so that the cabinet cannot be physically removed from the premises.
- Charging and syncing should be systematic. Keeping the tablets charged and synchronized should a simple, efficient process that includes simultaneous charging and syncing. The cabinet should also include cable management as well as visible indicators of the charge and sync status of each device.
- Rapid charging capability. Make sure the charger supports smart charging of your tablets as well as the ability to supply enough amps per USB port for your devices.
- Future proofing. Tablet and portable device technologies and options change every year. To minimize the chances of your cabinet becoming obsolete, it’s a good idea to choose a model that supports a wide variety of tablet charging specifications and provides the most power per port, even if it exceeds your current needs.
- Integrated cooling. To prevent overheating, tablet cabinets should include an internal cool fan.
Download the User Guide PDF
Download the Quick Start Guide PDF